Courtesy of Don Marquette
This hand-tinted, picture postcard shows visitors entering the front gate to Electric Park. Located at the north end of Midland Boulevard, the park was built in 1905 by the Fort Smith Light & Traction Co. to get people to travel farther out on one of the northbound trolley lines. A theater, auditorium and ballroom hosted a variety of different events until they were razed in 1920. Balloon ascensions, fireworks displays, concerts and shows drew crowds along with a roller coaster and merry-go-round.